Thursday, March 8, 2012

MAYBELLINE LASH STILETTO



  • STRETCHES LASHES
  • 70% LONGER LASHES
  • $6.94 Walmart (price varies at drugstores)





THE CLAIMS:

The hottest thing lashes will ever wear. The mascara that does for lashes what stilettos do for legs.
• Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle
• Elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length
• Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine





THE INSPECTION: 

This is one of my favorite mascaras.  It really does make your lashes long!  The brush is long and skinny which lets you get all of your lashes in one sweep.  But I think one of the tricks for the success of this is to prep your lashes first with a little fine powder.  I use bareMinerals Mineral Veil or one of the bareMinerals concealer powders and dust just a small amount on my lid, and upper and lower lashes with a small eyeshadow brush. Then I curl my lashes.  If you start from the root and go to the tip you can get a little volume but this is not really a volumizing mascara.  You really need to concentrate on the tips of the lashes to get the most length.  I use 2 coats but you need to work quick because you can't let it dry between coats. Try to comb out the lashes before they dry as well.  Most of the time if you try and comb out your lashes after the mascara has dried, you end up pulling a lot of the product off and have flakes of mascara on your face. The packaging is very cute as it resembles a stiletto heel.  It comes in the standard colors (Soft Black, Black/Brown, Very Black), and also comes in a waterproof formula.  I did'nt see a black patent shine, but I really don't want shiny lashes anyway.  I love it!





















No comments:

Post a Comment