Wednesday, April 11, 2012

SMASHBOX HIGH DEFINITION HEALTHY FX FOUNDATION

OIL FREE
13 SHADES
SPF 15
$38.00 (Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta)








THE CLAIMS:

An oil-free, weightless, liquid foundation packed with antiaging, revitalizing, and firming ingredients.

Creates flawless skin from within.  Smashbox introduces its revolutionary formula packed with ingredients that work overtime to provide cellular nutrition for the skin.  UVA/UVB SPF 15 offers sun protection, vitamin C to fight free radicals, and new cell-energizing Ribose renews the appearance of skin.  A unique, patented bio-delivery system gives you time-release moisturization and firming benefits that last all day. Skin is refreshed and revitalized for a flawless future.
Provides the perfect finish for use with high definition film, so you look great on film or television and in your photos! 

 

 

 THE INSPECTION:

I really tried to like this foundation.  The claims seem so great.  And I have always loved Smashbox.  But this did not impress me very much.  The anti-aging feature is what

attracted me to it.  But for something that is geared for more mature skin, it was very drying on me.  I first tried it with a regular flat foundation brush.  It went on heavy and really made the skin under my eyes look really dry.  

Then I tried a stippling brush but instead of stippling it I brushed it on.  That seemed to go on a little bit better and the finish looked better than with the flat brush.  The

coverage is just OK.  It seems to cover more like a tinted moisturizer without the moisture.  I did not see any firming benefits as they claimed either.   I could actually see this working great on younger skin.  Maybe the type of sunscreen in this is what is making it dry.  I don't know why this did not work for me, but I did like the color that matched my skin.  
They have 13 shades to choose from.  Just do the stripe test on the side of your face and pick the color that disappears into your skin if you decide to try this one.  I have seen a lot of great reviews on this.  So don't let my bad experience keep you from trying it out.  I will probably finish the bottle, but will not be purchasing this again.

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment