Friday, April 13, 2012

GARNIER BB CREAM

MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR
2 SHADES
$11.97/Walmart (other drug stores/price varies)





THE CLAIMS:

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter B.B. Cream is an all-in-one product with results you can see and feel instantly. Your skin appears airbrushed, beautifully smooth and even. Garnier B.B. Cream's light-weight and comfortable texture blends perfectly into skin for a sheer flawless finish.  It combines several beauty routine steps in one single product.

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter B.B. Cream:
  • Instantly renews, brightens, evens, hydrates, and protects skin
  • UVA/UVB Sunscreen SPF 15
  • Vitamin C + mineral pigments
  • Non comedogenic--won't clog pores; gentle to skin; non-greasy



THE INSPECTION:

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I like it a lot. This is the second BB Cream I have tried.  (see previous review on Smashbox BB Cream).  I got this in the shade Light/Medium.  It is perfect for my skin tone which is medium.  The consistency is very thick.  It blends really nice and has a medium coverage.  I still need a little concealer but not much.  It feels really wet going on.  You feel like you need to blot it but you need to wait a few minutes for it to morph into your skin. 

LIGHT/MEDIUM - BB CREAM ONLY


It is very dewy and glowy, and if you do give it time to sink into your skin it has a really pretty finish to it.  I only use a tiny bit of Mineral Veil from Bare Essentials with an eye shadow brush on the T- zone area.  This is very moisturizing but since my skin is on the dryer side in areas I still put my DML moisturizer on first.  I tried it a few times under foundation, but I didn't like it as it looked too heavy and thick on.  This is better (for me anyway) by itself.  The SPF in this in only 15.  My dermatologist told me that anything under 30 is not really helping. So that is one negative for this product.  If you have oily skin, this may be too moisturizing for you, but you could always powder it a little.  I found that the longer it is on, the better it looks.  As far as the claims of getting an airbrushed look or perfect skin, I would disagree with that.  But it does make your skin look pretty good.









1 comment:

  1. I agree on everything you say about the cream! When my skin is good I like to use it on it's own and when my skin is in a rather bad shape I use concealer and a bit of powder with it. And: I love it's smell :-)
    Thank you very much for following my blog!

    Mary Jane
    http://ahintofredness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete