Wednesday, April 11, 2012

SMASHBOX CAMERA READY BB CREAM

YOUR NEW GO TO FOR FLAWLESS SKIN
5 SHADES
SPF 35
$39.00   :(







 THE CLAIMS:

A five-in-one set secret for achieving flawless skin on camera and beyond.

This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas. Especially when worn under foundation, it enhances the wear of makeup for up to eight hours. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.


THE INSPECTION:

Dr. Christine Schrammek
What does BB mean in BB Cream?  I heard it means Beauty Balm. But I have also heard it means Blemish Balm. So when I started reading more about them I learned that BB creams go back to the 1960s Germany, when a doctor created a salve to aid skin healing in laser surgery patients, while also masking splotchy, inflamed redness and shielding sensitive skin from the sun.  There are apparently Beauty Balms and Blemish Balms depending on which brand you buy and what the ingredients are.

BB CREAM ONLY-NO FOUNDATION
I have never tried a BB cream so I thought I would try the one that Smashbox has first. Smashbox is calling theirs a Beauty Balm.  So far I'm loving it.  It feels like a primer on your skin but the coverage is amazing. I have the medium color.  At first it looked like it was going to be too dark, but as I blended it into my skin it was the perfect shade for me.  The finish is a little matte and a little dewy.  Just the right balance of both.  Only a little concealer was needed.  The consistency of this one is thicker than I thought it would be.  It really smooths and evens out your skin.  I have been wearing this by itself most of the time, but I have worn it under foundation and it works great.  

LIGHT, MEDIUM


There are 5 shades:  Fair, Light, Medium, Dark and a newer shade - Light Medium.  It is pricy so I am looking forward to trying the drugstore brand to compare.  But I am really impressed with this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment