Friday, April 20, 2012

MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS

MOISTURIZING LIP BALM
SPF 20
$2.97 WALMART (Amazon, All drugstores-prices vary)









THE CLAIMS:

Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm:

  • Moisturizing lip balm with SPF 20 sunscreen
  • It's clinical care for baby soft lips
  • Available in 2 clear or 4 tinted shades
    No more basic lip balm.  Protects and moisturizes lips for a full 8 hours  After 4 weeks, lips are visibly renewed and  reborn.


    THE INSPECTION:

    I first heard about this from my niece Sarah. (check out her blog) - simplysarahchic.blogspot.com

    We were shopping one day for make up and she was looking for this product but couldn't find it.  She's pretty hip to everything cool so I had to know what it was if she wanted it.  I ended up looking for it myself and bought all 6 shades which are:  Cherry Me (red tint), Grape Vine (plum tint),
    CHERRY ME
    Pink Punch (pink tint), Peach Kiss (shimmery nude tint) and Quenched and Peppermint (sheer) The packaging is hard to resist.  It's sooo cute.  The tip is rounded so it immediately felt different.  Most lip balms are flat.  The consistency feels like vaseline.  Thin but not sticky. They are also pretty pigmented for a lip balm.   My favorite color is the Grape Vine as it seems to match my lip color the most. The pink is
    GRAPE VINE
    my least favorite as it is a little too pink for me so I mix it with another color. They all smell exactly as their name suggests, but I can't agree with all of the claims.  They definitely do not last for 8 hours.  I would say that they last about an hour and while they are on, they are very moisturizing.  But when they wear off, my lips feel extra dry. So I don't really see my lips being reborn in 4 weeks like they say.  I do like that they have a 20 SPF.  Overall, I think for the price they serve their purpose plus they are just fun to smell and look at.





     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment