Thursday, May 24, 2012

QUESTION OF THE DAY

WHAT DO WE THINK OF CAPRI PANTS?





I took a mini poll and asked 25 men what they thought of Capri style pants on women.  Some didn't know the word Capri, but when I showed them pictures they immediately knew what I was talking about and said they hated them.  All 25!
 

I personally have never thought they were that flattering on anyone either but every woman I know has them and keeps buying them so I thought maybe I'm missing something so I decided to do a little research.

 

I didn't find a lot of positive things.

 

Style expert Tim Gunn said  “It is the single most unflattering item of apparel in fashion history,”  These are a fashion no-no.  I’d like to say get them away or take them somewhere where they can be recycled, they’re too horrible. Use them to wash your floors.”   All-in-all, a major fashion don’t!  Capri pants will make a petite women look shorter, a pear-shaped women look heavier, a short-legged woman look shorter and an individual with muscular legs look thicker.

 


I found some tips on wearing this style:

Rule #1: A flattering hemline will hit near the slimmest part of your leg. If it cuts across wider parts, it will only make your legs look wider.

Rule #2: Most women will want to avoid cuffs -- they will make your legs look shorter. If you have legs like Heidi Klum, that might not be a big deal, but for most of us, a longer leg is more likely the look we want.

 


Rule #3: A straight or slightly wider leg will suit most women best. A tapered leg will make anyone with hips look like an ice cream cone -- skinny at the bottom and gradually larger toward the top of the pants.

Rule #4: Opt for a flat front -- pleats are not the way to go.

 

Not every style works for every person. Long, lean, leggy ladies can probably get away with most capris, but shorter, stockier women need to exercise caution.

Any thoughts?






4 comments:

  1. I think they should stop making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't because women keep buying them for some reason. Like Uggs.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan. The only time I was, was in like middle/high school when they were popular. But now, unless they are little cute skinnies from Express, I don't bother. Now, about those 25 men..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Too old for you!! As for you and capris- You could pull anything off with your perfect body!! You look good in everything.

      Delete